From George Eastman House : Notes On Photographs
- The Paul Strand Archive at the Center for Creative Photography, University of Arizona, Tucson Arizona.
The bulk of the Paul Strand Collection was received in 1976 from the Paul Strand Foundation (now called the Aperture Foundation, Inc. with the Paul Strand Archive as a division). Hazel Kingsbury Strand and Naomi Rosenblum organized the papers prior to their arrival at the Center.
Strand's negatives are housed at the Aperture Foundation, Inc. and most materials relating to his career in cinematography are in the Library of Congress.
- Philadelphia Museum of Art.
- George Eastman House, Rochester.
- The Art Institute of Chicago.
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York.
- The Museum of Fine Arts, Boston.
- The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston (76 prints).
- The Museum of Modern Art, New York.
- National Gallery of Art, Washington D.C.
- San Francisco Museum of Modern Art.
- The J. Paul Getty Museum, Los Angeles.
- 1916 - 291 Gallery, New York.
- 1921 - Capitol Theatre, New York. "New York"
- 1929 - Intimate Gall, New York. "New Photographs"
- 1932 - An American Place, New York.
- 1933 - Sala de Arte, Mexico City.
- 1945 - Museum of Modern Art, New York. "1915-1945"
The Strand Exhibition at MoMA in 1945, organized by Nancy Newhall, was the first given to an individual photographer and was the pivot of Strand's career. 
- 1967 - Worcester Art Museum.
- Kreis Museum, Haus der Heimat, Freital.
- Museum of Fine Arts, St. Petersburg, USA.
- 1970 - Swedish Photographers Association, Stockholm.
- 1971 - Philadelphia Museum of Art. "1915-1968"
- 1972 - Light Gallery, New York.
- 1973 - Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York. "Retrospective"
- 1976 - National Portrait Gallery, London. "1915-1968"
- 1977 - University of Pisa. "Sessanti Anni di Fotografia"
- 1978 - Scottish Photography Group, Edinburgh. "The Hebridean Photographs"
- 1979 - Kunsthaus, Zürich.
- 1981 - Hirschl & Adler Gallery, New York. "1910-1974"
- 1998 - SFMoMA, "Paul Strand: Circa 1916"
- ↑ Tomkins, Calvin. Paul Strand: Sixty Years of Photographs; Excerpts from Correspondence, Interviews, and Other Documents. New York: Aperture, 1976, p. 162.